Current Open Positions:
Office of the Independent Police Monitor
Position: Misconduct & Force Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $48,665.00 Annually
- A Master’s or other post baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.*
This position requires a one (1) year probationary period.
Description of Duties
The Office of the Independent Police Monitor (OIPM) is the oversight body for the New Orleans Police Department (NOPD). The OIPM provides oversight through monitoring, reviewing, and auditing police activity and data. The OIPM is responsible for conducting complaint and commendation intake, on-scene monitoring of critical incidents and uses of force, overseeing the community-officer mediation program, reviewing investigations, providing assessments, identifying patterns, and making recommendations for improved practice, policy, resource allocation, and training.
The Misconduct & Force Analyst position will be responsible for the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Managing complaints data and maintaining up to date information in the OIPM complaint database.
- Assist crime victims by listening and documenting their concerns, acquiring information, arranging productive and accountable meetings with NOPD leadership, and researching and writing recommendations.
- Conduct reviews of NOPD internal affairs investigations and draft case review memos.
- Conduct outreach in the community to inform people about the police monitor’s office and develop relationships with organizations, communities, and individuals.
- Conduct first review of disciplinary investigations including but not limited to the completion of the matrix and the disciplinary proceeding memorandums to the NOPD;
- Attend and monitor complaint intake statements and other investigatory steps taken by NOPD’s Public Integrity Bureau as required;
- Attend and monitor disciplinary proceedings conducted at PIB and NOPD headquarters including Use of Force Review Board Hearings, Predisposition Conferences and Superintendent Committee Hearings;
- Conduct first reviews of use of force investigations including but not limited to the completion of the matrix and the corresponding memorandums to the NOPD
- Attend and monitor Civil Service proceedings and compiling appeal information regarding disciplinary proceedings;
- Conduct first reviews of case reviews of misconduct investigations and writing memorandums;
- Facilitate meetings and / or communication between relevant NOPD leadership and members of the public and attending the meetings to monitor where necessary;
- Work with the Deputy Independent Police Monitor to complete and provide policy and practice recommendations to NOPD leadership.
- Serve on the OIPM On-call schedule to respond to NOPD uses of force and monitor the related investigation.
- Assist / contribute to subject-matter reports.
2714 Canal St.
New Orleans, LA 70119
* Prior to appointment, the hiring agency is required to verify education claimed by the applicant to qualify for this classification. If selected for hire, applicants must provide original documents of their qualifying credentials to the hiring agency prior to their start date in this job classification.
BACKGROUND CHECK: The hiring department will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
THE CITY OF NEW ORLEANS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, GENDER, AGE, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, CREED, CULTURE, OR ANCESTRY. REQUESTS FOR ALTERNATE FORMAT OR ACCOMMODATIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO SHELLY STOLP AT (504) 658-3516 OR TTY/VOICE AT (504) 586-4475 or (504) 658-4020.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply for the position through the following link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/neworleans/jobs/3573289/management-development-analyst-ii-original-entrance-class-code-0362
Please contact email@example.com with any questions related to this position.